"Have you thought about writing your family history, but found yourself stuck from the start? Writing a family narrative can be a daunting task, but Karen Jones Gowen found a way to bring her mother's story to life." (Homespun Magazine)

Monday, April 18, 2011

O is for Obesity

When we got married, my husband and I were skinny. I weighed 110, he weighed 170. I won't tell you what we weigh now but "obese" would probably describe the two of us. Anyway, my husband just started an eating plan where he eats 1/2 cup every 2 hours. It's working great, because it keeps his blood sugar stabilized, so he doesn't get hungry even on such small amounts. He likes the plan and has lost 8 lbs. in 3 weeks. 

I am so proud of him and hope and pray he stays on this until he is slim and healthy again. Obesity is horrible. Even if it doesn't kill you, it makes you feel like crap. I have a plan as well, but I don't like telling people because that's bad luck.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck to hubby!! Yay that he's doing great and sticking to a healthy way of losing weight!! Yay for him! And Yay for you too, KarenG!! All the best with your diet plan! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power to both of you. It's a challenge to create a new lifestyle that helps to keep active and calories at bay! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know the ritual! Good luck to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if he is never "slim" again, every pound down is a step towards healthy...Go Team Go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete

I don't post very often, but if you leave a comment I'll know someone is out there reading. And then I will post more! Bwa ha ha!