"Have you thought about writing your family history, but found yourself stuck from the start? Writing a family narrative can be a daunting task, but Karen Jones Gowen found a way to bring her mother's story to life." (Homespun Magazine)

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Z is for Z

Z, the last letter in the alphabet, signifies the end of things. It just so happens that today is the Big Moving Day, the last day in our home of 13 years, the last day in the neighborhood where we have lived for 21 years.

Two days ago I cooked the last meal in said home and said neighborhood. It was baked fish, and fried rice with vegetables. *yummy* Since then we have eaten leftovers out of the fridge and sandwiches, trying to use up available food before the move. So yes, today I am thinking about the end of things. The end of the A to Z Challenge *whew* and the end of our long life in this lovely place where our family has lived for so long.

What's exciting about the end of things is the anticipation for new beginnings. Which reminds me that life isn't like the alphabet, with a beginning and an end, but it is like a circle. Eternal. Endings and Beginnings together, flowing into one another. One eternal round.

13 comments:

  1. Perfect timing -- your ending leading right into your new beginning. As you say, a circle.

    May life in your new home be full of happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 years is a very long time. I haven't lived in one neighborhood that long ever. 19 years in my childhood house was it. Since then I've lived in 22 houses. I think I've come to enjoy "new beginnings."

    Fish, rice, vegetables, my favorite and Jen's.

    It's difficult for our finite minds not to think in terms of endings and beginnings. We don't yet comprehend "one eternal round."

    I hope you and your husband enjoy this "new beginning." I hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes on this new beginning. May it be bring you and your family joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your move. Here's to new beginnings and the circle of life! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, Karen, in your new home. I'm sure we'll soon be reading all about it! And congrats on completing the A to Z!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great ending to a new beginning. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking of you this morning when I put up my Z post - knowing it was moving day and that you would be glad the challenge was at an end. THe best thing about the challenge was finding new friends and writers like you. I look forward to hearing about your new home and the new life you make there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck Karen with your move. It will be sad but also exciting. Congrats on finishing A-Z. See, it wasn't that bad afterall! hehe :) Well done XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many endings, so many beginnings. I like thinking of my life as having beginning and an end points, but continuing in a circle. That way the rough parts end, but the good parts continue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was either brilliant timing or an amazing coincidence! Here's to many fantastic memories in your new place...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I found you through the A to Z challenge. I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire your ability to pack up everything and leave. That's a lot of "stuff" after all those years, I'm sure. Congratulations. Hope all goes well with the move and am looking forward to updates when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen,

    I'm making my way through the blogs that came before and after mine on the A-Z challenge list!

    Congratulations of entering and finishing this challenge!

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I don't post very often, but if you leave a comment I'll know someone is out there reading. And then I will post more! Bwa ha ha!