"Have you thought about writing your family history, but found yourself stuck from the start? Writing a family narrative can be a daunting task, but Karen Jones Gowen found a way to bring her mother's story to life." (Homespun Magazine)

Saturday, April 9, 2011

H is for Hugs

Some people like and need hugs, others avoid them. I'm somewhere in the middle. Mostly I avoid them but there are times when a hug is just the thing. Other times I would prefer some good solid assistance, like with the dishes, or picking up your garbage you leave everywhere, or bringing me food.

I have a son who used to say to me when I was crabby, "Aw, someone needs a hug." No, I don't need a hug, I need this kitchen floor mopped now get out of my way.

It's not that I am anti-hug. That would be like being anti-teddy bear or anti-cute adorable baby. But there are times when a hug just gets in the way of what really needs to happen. You know what I mean?

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of those that needs hugs. I've learned not to give them, though, without checking to see if the person wants to receive it. That was an important lesson.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you,too. There are times when you really need that hug and sometimes you just want to say,what you really feel!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't post very often, but if you leave a comment I'll know someone is out there reading. And then I will post more! Bwa ha ha!