"Have you thought about writing your family history, but found yourself stuck from the start? Writing a family narrative can be a daunting task, but Karen Jones Gowen found a way to bring her mother's story to life." (Homespun Magazine)

Monday, April 4, 2011

C is for Celery Tree and for Concept

Celerytree.com is a coming website for authors that I founded along with my daughter, L.A. DeVaul, and a few other super awesome and talented people. Liesel (L.A.) and I currently maintain a blog, Celery Tree, to provide information about the website prior to launch. She is participating in the A to Z Challenge as well. So that makes all three of my blogs taking part in this Challenge in April! Thank you Liesel for taking care of it on the Celery Tree blog!

I posted about Celerytree.com on my other blog as well for the C word. So if you are intrigued you can go here and read more about it! I can tell you one thing-- having a concept and actually getting all the parts and pieces together in a way that works effectively are two entirely different processes. I'm an idea person and getting concepts comes easy to me. Then there's the work involved in making that concept a reality. In  creating a website, that means you need a designer, a developer, a programmer, a business head, a marketing team-- a lot of different people with talents that can be utilized to make the concept work.


And it takes time to do it right. Liesel and I, two impatient ideas people, are very eager for the site to launch. I can't wait for the day to come when I can officially announce the launch date. Hopefully very soon. We have some fabulous authors on board, we currently are not taking more, but once it is live, we hope that new memberships soar!

Fantasy author, N.R. Williams is also blogging about Celery Tree for her C word.  

5 comments:

I don't post very often, but if you leave a comment I'll know someone is out there reading. And then I will post more! Bwa ha ha!