"Have you thought about writing your family history, but found yourself stuck from the start? Writing a family narrative can be a daunting task, but Karen Jones Gowen found a way to bring her mother's story to life." (Homespun Magazine)

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Genealogy Bloggers

Welcome to new followers! I couldn't figure out what I had done to attract so many new followers in such a short time, surely it wasn't my recent post about my challenges for the new year LOL? So I did some checking on blogger comments and found this comment on my very first post:

Hello there!

You’ve got a great genealogy blog and we’ve added it to the list of over 1,500 genealogy blogs at GeneaBloggers (http://www.geneabloggers.com).

We will announce your blog in our weekly New Genealogy Blogs on Saturday, December 11, 2010. In the meantime, please visit the About (http://www.geneabloggers.com/about/) section at GeneaBloggers to learn how you can display your GeneaBloggers badge on your blog and also how you can participate in activities such as the Daily Blogging Themes.

If you need technical assistance, please check out Bootcamp for GeneaBloggers (http://fbbootcamp.blogspot.com).

Cheers

Isn't that just so cool??? So I'll for sure check out this awesome site, get the badge and have fun with following some new blogs myself. Hooray for family history! Hooray for writing from life!

10 comments:

  1. You have spurred me on, Karen! I've done quite a bit of family history/genealogy in the past few years and work in the center here in Harrisonburg; but I have slowed down a lot in the past year. Need to get back to it! I've been wanting to do a family history blog but didn't know if I would have the time to manage two blogs! But you have inspired me, and I just might do it!! There are so many genealogical sites on the internet. It's a gold mine for family history enthusiasts.

    And congratulations into GeneaBloggers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, I didn't even know it existed, I went to the site and wanted to follow all of them. A goldmine of awesome family history blogs. Need more time LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- a great source for family history research!!

    Excellent!! The power of Blogger strikes again! Yay! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words Ann! Love love love your site and I'm just sorry I didn't find it earlier. But thank goodness for Google Alerts - it was one of my 40 such alerts related to genealogy and family history that brought me here.

    We have a very vibrant community of bloggers - please let us know if you need anything.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Blogger community is a great place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen .. isn't that just amazing - well done! So pleased for you .. Long may it last .. and so many opportunities ahead .. fun! Good Christmas present .. happy times .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, Karen!

    I got into writing my own family history a few years ago; I was writing the history of my father's surname and planned to give it to him, but he passed away. So he probably knows the people I was writing about better than me! I keep trying to get up the courage to write more about other family lines...and I think I might just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your blog. I'm giving you the Ancestor Approved Award. You can go here to pick it up http://familytreegal.blogspot.com/2010/12/talk-about-it-tuesday-this-last-week-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am excited for you; It is fascinating, I think next year, I might poke around to reveal some more of my father's background! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I don't post very often, but if you leave a comment I'll know someone is out there reading. And then I will post more! Bwa ha ha!