"Have you thought about writing your family history, but found yourself stuck from the start? Writing a family narrative can be a daunting task, but Karen Jones Gowen found a way to bring her mother's story to life." (Homespun Magazine)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions Then & Now

These have been my resolutions for the past 4 decades:

Lose weight

Exercise more

Eat less sugar

Clean out the closets

Random other goals that have to do with whatever work or hobbies I'm involved with at the moment.


So this year I won't do resolutions or goals, but simply set up these Three Challenges:

1. Write 30 minutes Mon-Fri.

2. Walk 30 - 60 minutes 5x a week.

3. Read 50 books.

I've already started on the walking and the reading. I'm clearing up a lot of minor tasks that are taking excessive amounts of time and energy to prepare for the writing challenge.

So forget Resolutions. This year it is Challenges. Wish me luck! (And do you realize today is 1/1/11. Can't wait for 1/11/11 in 10 days!)

6 comments:

  1. May you meet all your challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your challenges!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting our refined sugar over 15 years ago made me feel GREAT. It still makes me feel great, and also the exercise. I love my special deal treadmill. DO IT. And especially the writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, you are such an inspiration to me. But maybe I'll save cutting out sugar until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen .. I like those .. simple and should be effective .. especially as you're already doing two of them .. I shall follow you! Happy New Year and much success - Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't find comment at place of post where you wondered why all the followers. And you have done well. Not surprising, because you write so well.
    http://www.geneabloggers.com/genealogy-blogs-december-11-2010/.I may have missed where you mentioned it on your post. I only saw the link myself today.

    ReplyDelete

I don't post very often, but if you leave a comment I'll know someone is out there reading. And then I will post more! Bwa ha ha!