"Have you thought about writing your family history, but found yourself stuck from the start? Writing a family narrative can be a daunting task, but Karen Jones Gowen found a way to bring her mother's story to life." (Homespun Magazine)

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Enjoying Summer

Summer is finally here in the Rocky Mountain West. We are settled into our new home, which I love because there are pathways, parks and even a lake, making it very inviting for a reluctant walker such as myself.

My husband and I are following the HCG diet plan, that's our huge project for the summer-- to get ourselves back in shape. So far he has lost 15 lbs, and I've lost 8, after the first three weeks on the plan. Today I even got him to walk a little ways with me. We stalled this week because it turns out that some things we thought were okay actually had sugar in them.

I'm also writing a lot as well as editing. My blogging activities are really taking a hit. But I think that's happening with a lot of people. Summer is time for being outdoors, holding barbecues, traveling someplace new, planting flowers, and just chillin' by the open window feeling the cool morning breeze. I love summer.

4 comments:

  1. Summer sure does add to the list of things to do. It sounds like you are doing well and keeping busy. HCG.... Maybe I should take a look at that! Have a great weekend Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it 's hard to feel motivated to keep up with bloggin in the summer. Glad you are settled in your new home, and excellent results with the diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you and hubby getting all fit and healthy and happy and even lovelier! That's what I love love love about summer!! It really does get people out and about in the fresh air!! Your new home sounds just idyllic! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you and your husband. I've started a diet with a friend and my sister. I'm at the five pound mark with about 15 to go! Can't walk the way we would like with the intense heat and drought in Texas, but we are doing the best we can.

    ReplyDelete

I don't post very often, but if you leave a comment I'll know someone is out there reading. And then I will post more! Bwa ha ha!